Gordon Ramsay is arguably the most famous chef in the world. Hit TV show after hit TV show and his no holds barred mentality has won the Scottish chef fans the world over — and he shows no sings of slowing down.
It’s worth remembering that although Ramsay is the epitome of ‘Celebrity Chef’, he’s also a serious, world-class talent in the kitchen. He currently holds a remarkable 7 Michelin Stars across his restaurant empire including his 3 Michelin Star flagship, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, in West London.
With such astonishing accolades you can be pretty confident that when Ramsay suggests a recipe, it’s going to be a very tasty one.
That’s why when we saw his delicious Cajun Breakfast Croissant recipe we just had to share it. Oozy eggs, crispy ham, melted cheese, hot sauce and – of course – tonnes of butter. What’s not to like!
Let’s take a look at the man himself bringing the delightful dish together:
If you want to recreate this breakfast beauty at home, here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Croissant
- 1 Egg
- 3 Ox (85g) tasso ham (can also use Canadian bacon or black forest ham)
- Cajun seasoning
- Olive Oil
- 2 pieces Romaine Lettuce
- 3 slices Tomato
- 1 slice Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Hot sauce
- 2 Lemon Wedges
- Start by placing a pan on high heat. Once warm, add a teaspoon of olive oil and salt to the pan. Place the croissant in the pan slice side down until nicely browned, then flip and repeat on the other side. Remove from pan.
- Drop the heat to medium-high and add the ham. Sprinkle with pepper and cajun seasoning and cook for a minute or two. Remove from the pan and place on a plate with a paper towel.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil and two knobs of butter into the pan. When the butter is browned, crack and add the egg. Remove the pan from heat so that the egg cooks slowly and evenly, top with a sprinkle of cajun seasoning.
- While your egg is cooking, crack on with the spicy mayo. Add mayo, hot sauce and a touch of cajun seasoning. Squeeze a few drops of lemon and mix well.
- Now to serve. Place the bottom of the croissant on a plate and put a thin layer of mayonnaise, followed by a layer of lettuce and sprinkle with a little salt. Next add tomato and cheese. Put a layer of mayo on top then add the ham on top of that, followed by the fried egg. If you like it sauce put a dash more mayo on top!
If you wanted more outrageous recipes make sure you check out Gordon Ramsay’s Finger-Lickin’ Good Fried Chicken.